Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's Happening

The Denzin household went vegetarian! My husband was a vegetarian for years before we met.Honestly, the reason I've never gone vegetarian is because I didn't think I could survive without meat. I've always had a conviction about the unjust treatment of animals, and the quality of the meat I'm purchasing. Many chickens are fed so many antibiotics and hormones so they're breasts will grow big enough for us to enjoy that they cannot walk. 

Ever. 
They never see sunlight. 
They're beaks are clipped as soon as they're born so they don't create violence with other chickens in the coop because their living quarters are so cramped.

How can I support this? Just because I want to eat a big, juicy chicken breast at dinner? How selfish. A life is a life and I cannot give support to other living creatures being treated like this. So, here we go! Our adventures of being vegetarian begin today.


No comments:

Post a Comment